Monday, August 25, 2014

So It Begins.

"The beginning is the most important part of the work." Plato

The day after tomorrow, will be the first day of my future.  I am thirty-one years old, and until a few months ago, I still had no idea where my life was headed.  I had spent enough time working dead-end jobs for enough money to live paycheck to paycheck.  It was time for a change.

Sometimes something will come along and help you.  My help came in the form of job loss.  I had worked at my job for the previous seven years.  It was a good job, by local standards.  With higher pay than the city average and a full benefits package.  I hated it.  I felt like I could do so much more.  That all of upper management treated me like a child, and not with the respect I felt like I deserved.  I'm not saying I deserved more than anyone else, because I didn't.  They treated everyone equally bad.

I lost my job, and was forced to search for something else in a town that was already overflowing with unemployment.  I did my best, to no avail.  For years I had been toying with the idea of college and finding a career instead of a job.  Then it hit me, now is the time.  Not tomorrow.  Not next year.  I didn't need to wait anymore for something to happen and make my life better.  I had to make it better on my on.

The journey to make it better, will start the day after tomorrow.  I begin my studies at The University of the Cumberlands.  I am majoring in Biology with Pre-Physician Assistant emphasis.  I will try my hardest, I will do my best, and hopefully I will be accepted to the Physician Assistant program in three years.

Along the way I will write here.  If I'm not overwhelmed by school work, that is.  I hope that someone will read this and take something away from it.  If anyone has a question, I will do my best to help.  Thank you for reading.

Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment